top of page
A bit of history...
The church was designed by E.W Pugin and built in 1865-67. The church was built to accommodate the growing population in neighbouring Birkdale.
Edward Welby Pugin designed and oversaw the building of the church and a house for the priest on land donated by Thomas Weld Blundell at the corner of York Road and Albert Road (now Saxon Road).
The church was formally opened on 10 May, 1867 and was designated as a Grade II listed building in July 1999.
bottom of page